may 2020 free write: “okay”

You want to go to a movie tonight? (4:35) >

Read at 4:36

< (4:42) okay

Read at 4:42

Simply, that just means yes right? He seems sure about the date. Yet he took a whole six minutes to come up with “okay,” that is 360 seconds of his precious life to come up with “okay.” There is very little effort put into that text, so theoretically, it would mean no. But on the other hand, putting the extra “-ay” means that he took time to add those two extra letters, meaning he cares. MEANING he’s definitely into me. But, since he has the energy to add those two extra letters why didn’t he add more than just “okay”. Like, “Okay sounds good. What type of movie?” or “Okay! What time should I pick you up?” Maybe I’m overthinking it, “Okay” is a universal word for agreement and frankly, it’s better than a “k.” “K” is a, “very rude hateful way to acknowledge someone” as quoted from the urban dictionary. He probably texted it and got ready right away, dressed in something casual! But, “okay” seems very formal; what’s the point of using the whole word if you aren’t going to elaborate on the text? Is he going to pick me up in a suit? For the movies? If he really is that formal then where’s the punctuation in the text? No periods or capitalizations, seems fishy. Or does it mean he’s being sarcastic and actually means no instead of yes. That’s it, he isn’t interested. Clearly, the response is a definite no with little to no effort put into the text. He does not want to go on a date with me. But that doesn’t matter because I am an independent woman that doesn’t need a man to make me feel good. I got amazing friends that clearly care about me more than-

< (4:45) What about La La Land? 

< (4:45) Can I pick you up at 6?

Read at 4:45

Oh so he does want to see a movie.

Sounds great! (4:45) >

Read at 4:46

Gosh men are so complicated.